We’ll be once-again entirely-unintentionally blocking out the Popular Science section with a giant screen at Waterstones Tottenham Court Road on Thursday 23 November, for 2017’s final chaotic cabaret for literature lovers.
Join our compere Steve Cross in the cosy basement bar for a cocktail-fuelled compilation of quickfire talks from a line-up of authors, researchers, podcasters, comedians and other book nerds. This month with an also-accidental sciencey-theme.
The line-up includes:
– Experimental psychologist Daniel Richardson, author of Man Vs Mind
– Materials expert, trumpet player and vegan Anna Ploszajski
– PhD student and comedian Sarah Jones
– Bee expert Joe Colgan
– Biologist and joke teller Dave Christensen trying to remember why he hates Ready Player One so much
– Palaeontologist Selina Groh explains the woes of a book lover
– Edd Bankes on the Joy of Gay Sex
Plus more from Luke Murphy
Tickets are £7 from the Waterstones website or you can pay cash at the bar on the night.
Doors are 7pm for a 7.30 start.